Monday, July 26, 2010

Circle flowers

Now that my studio is organized and I can actually find my supplies, I'm back to stamping! I just can't stay away from my room. And I'll admit it - the kids are watching lots of T.V. while I'm down here. I justify that by having them watch educational shows :)

I recently had a crop night with some friends from church and I designed this card for a make and take. Although we didn't have a great turnout (everyone is out of town on vacation), my sister and I had a great time putting these together. I think they turned out adorable!


I'll warn you now, most of my projects lately use at least one retired item, but I'm not trying to tease you with products that you can't purchase. It's just that I haven't been selling the way I used to, so I haven't earned as much free stuff from Stampin' Up! as I have in the past and without the extra income I haven't even been able to order from the new catalog! Just in case you're wondering - it's killing me!! I'm drooling over all the new papers, embellishments and ribbons!

However, with my studio put together I'm feeling more professional and I think I'm up to holding an open house so that I can get back in the swing of things.


Stampin' Up! demos can access a Ning site called 'Stampin' Connection' and it's a great place for all of us to share ideas and stamping tips. That's where I found the inspiration for this project. :) Putting these cards together was simple and fast - I think I made eight of them in a little over an hour.

I used my Big Shot to cut out the circles, then sponged ink around the outside and crumpled each one. After that I layered them all together and put a brad through the middle. I adhered it to the card using a Pop Up Glue Dot and that was it. Super easy!

Supplies:

Cardstock: Pacific Point, Green Galore, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White
DSP: Rainbow Sherbet
Stamps: Sweetheart, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Punches: Word Window, Modern Label
Big Shot Die: Circles #2
Embellishment: Rhinestone Brads Circle Fire

*Retired products are listed in red.

No comments: