Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy Fall Y'all!

I've been MIA this last week, but now I'm back with a post for our Friday MDS Blog Hop!  This week's theme is Fall.  The way the weather's been the last couple of weeks, I'm fully realizing that summer is over.  I adore Autumn, but I'm always nervous about what comes next - Winter.  Blech!  I only like snow for the Holiday season and then, as far as I'm concerned, the snow and cold can just go away.  I'm trying to push all that to the back of my mind and simply enjoy the cooler temperatures and beautiful scenery around us :)

When I saw our theme for this week I knew immediately which pictures I wanted to use - our trip to Cox Farms last year.  It's a great place with fun slides, a corn maze, hay rides and all kinds of farm animals.  Our favorite parts are picking out apples and pumpkins - and let's not forget the fresh apple cider!  Mmmm...my mouth is watering just thinking about it.  Can't wait to go back this year :)

I had fun with some new downloads for this page - one is the Spice Cake DSP that's in the Holiday Mini catalog.  Isn't it adorable?  I think this will remain one of my favorite paper packs for a long time to come.

Here are the other downloads I used:

Jack of All Trades stamp set  
Bold Branches stamp set  
3/8" ruffled ribbon  
Downtown Grunge

Fonts:  Pea Anna-Banana, Pea Kadee

Here are the links to the rest of the design team - enjoy the blog hop!





5. Amber Meadows
(you're here)





4 comments:

Mandy Grant said...

Oh, Amber, this is such a great layout and you've used my favorite Spice Cake. My customers are going to get sick of seeing it but I just can't get enough. LOL
I'll be casing this design :)

Amber said...

Thanks Mandy - that's so sweet of you! I'm addicted to Spice Cake too - it's sooo cute :)

Erica said...

I love this! The layout is so creative.

Jeanna Bohanon said...

Very neat layout....love the Spice cake too!