Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MDS Blog Hop - working on...

Good morning!  Welcome to another round of the MDS Blog Hop!  This week I wanted to show you a couple of the projects I did for my son's baptism.  I'm still feeling pretty sick from this pregnancy so I wasn't able to do as much as I would have liked to, but I did manage to create an invitation and some matching tent cards for the luncheon.

I used the SAB kit Lemonade Stand for this project.  Cute, cute kit!  The invitation looked even better after it was printed out.  I found the Tracking feature to be really helpful when I was working with the text on the invitation.  It helped me to get everything spaced and lined up just the way I wanted.


Here are the tent cards I created: 


Tent cards are actually really easy to make.  Using an 8.5 x 11 project size, I added a square punch (sized 4.25 x 2.75 inches) and after filling it with paper, copied it 8 times.  I left a small gap in between each square to make it easy to cut and score after they were printed.  Works like a charm!  I stuck with the same papers and fonts that I used for the invitation and it came together quickly.  I also had some friends bringing food for the luncheon, so I printed a few blank cards to fill in when we set things up. 

Thanks for joining us today!  I hope you're inspired to create your own MDS projects as you look through the blogs of all our talented designers!  And don't forget to check out our Pinterest board where we post all of our projects.  It's a great way to find inspiration all in one place! 






No comments: