Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another Fantastic Girls' Night Out!

Wow - we had a fantastic turnout at GNO on Friday! Thanks so much to all of you who came; GNO is something I really look forward to - it's so much fun to get together and stamp with friends.

*I'm sorry the picture of the bucket is missing - I deleted it so that I could enter it into a contest at Stampin' Up.



Our next project was a Scratch 'n' Sniff card. For those of you who weren't able to make it, I'll feature this technique in a couple of weeks on Technique Thursday.

I'll be honest - this isn't my favorite card; I think I can redesign it to be better, but it's still cute. The apple was heat embossed with Kool-aid powder to make it smell yummy! I was having a hard time smelling anything after I made it, but then it occurred to me: scratch it a little. I tried it and what do you know? There was a yummy little scent, coming from my card! So, apparently with these types of cards you have to Scratch, then Sniff for it to work. Same principle as Rinse, then Repeat, I guess. :)

Supplies:

Stamps: Tart 'n' Tangy, Just B
Paper: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, To the Nines Specialty DS paper
Ink: Certainly Celery craft, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Bashful Blue 1" Double-Stitched grosgrain ribbon, Circle Scallop punch, 1/16" Fiskars punch, Clear embossing powder, Green Kool-aid


We all had a really fun time - especially Isabel's daughter, Lauralynn who accidentally stamped her nose! Lynnie doesn't look very happy in the picture, but she was thrilled once I showed her how cute she looked!

Thanks again to everyone who was able to make it - I can't wait until next month!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Both of these are so fun! I LOVE the bucket. Too cute! I want to learn more about GNO. Is it a commitment type thing or just something you do once a month and people just RSVP if they want to come? I love the idea. :)

Anonymous said...

I love GNO as well! its a great therapy. I was so thrilled to see so many girls at your house having a blast! I'll be ordering something soon. I am hooked! Oh Lynnie, she knows how to make me smile!