Thursday, July 9, 2009

Relay for Life Fundraiser

Whew - it's been almost a month since I posted last. All I can say is that this summer is going by too fast! I am still stamping, however I've been working mostly on gifts and not much on stamp classes. No worries though - Convention is only a few weeks away and I'll come back with so many ideas it'll blow you away!

I've sent an email out to my stampers already, but I wanted to post this for those of you who haven't heard already. This weekend I'm participating in the Relay for Life and I'm really exicted about it. I haven't known too many people who have battled Cancer, but I'm still aware of the seriousness of the disease and I'm thrilled to be able to help out - even in a small way.

My group of walkers is The Pink Ladies and I've decided to hold an on-site fundraiser during the relay. I've put together two cards that people can make and the proceeds will go towards Cancer research. If you're in the Logan area and would like to come make the cards please stop by our campsite on the USU Quad anytime from 5:00 pm Friday - 5:00 pm Saturday. *I'll be leaving the relay early on Saturday to attend a family reunion, but you can still make cards until we run out of supplies.

I've ordered enough for 200 people to make a set of cards; the cost is $5 for 2 cards. I would love to sell all of them so please spread the word to anyone you know!





If you aren't able to make the cards but would still like to donate, you can do it from our team's website. Even though the event is this weekend, we can still accept donations until sometime in August - I can't remember the exact date, but I can post that later.

This is such an important cause, I'm hoping and praying that we have an awesome response this weekend. In my opinion, the more money we can donate to Cancer research the better!

No comments: