Thursday, December 10, 2009

Joy - Decor Elements Tile

I  made you wait until today to see this project and then nearly forgot to post...sorry to have kept you waiting!

Here is the tile that I made with my leftover Holiday Decor Elements:



The spacing didn't turn out quite the way I wanted, but once I had it down I couldn't really move it, so I'll just have to like it the way it is.  It's hard to tell in the picture, but I actually sprayed the stars with some shimmer mist that I made with my Frost White shimmer paint.  It's easy to make; simply mix about 12 drops of the paint with 2 oz of rubbing alcohol and shake well before spraying.  You'll want to hold the spray bottle several inches back from the item you're spraying to avoid large splotches.  I've tried this on paper as well and it works nicely.  I glued both the Old Olive striped ribbon and the silver cord on using Crystal Effects - super fast and easy!

Here's an up-close photo of the stars.  It's blurry, but hopefully it gives you the idea :)



I hope this gives you some good ideas on what to do with your own blocks and Decor Elements :)

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 12. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

Lisa said...

extra cute tile, you once again out did your self. keep up the great work!!!