Monday, February 28, 2011

MDS Monday #3

I'd planned to work on a few projects last week - I have some new stamp sets and paper that are screaming to be used - really, I can hear them all the way from the basement - but this was a tough layout for me. I found the idea somewhere in cyberspace and I just had to try a version of my own. It was an easy layout, but I think the problem started when I couldn't let go of the original design. Yup - I was so focused on recreating the layout that I kind of forgot to tap into my own creativity. Strange how that happens...

Really, if I'd been smart, I would have set it aside and come back to it, but I just couldn't let it go. I worked on it all week, tweaking different elements, rearranging, adding and deleting. I think I finally have a page that I can say I'm happy with. And I'm done tweaking - PROMISE!

So, drumroll please...here's this week's UDI MDS Monday Challenge:

What do you think? Is it worth a week of fussing? Maybe, maybe not - but I like it and I doubt Andrew will be as critical as I am when he's looking through his scrapbooks. :)

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the awesome UDI ladies created for the challenge!

5 comments:

Gwen said...

Amber, this is a GREAT page. I love how you combined all the different elements. I love the arrows; I'll have to try that.

Gwen

Maxine Conrad said...

I agree with Gwen......fabulous page Amber :)

Amber said...

wow - you ladies definitely know how to make a girl's day! Thank you!

Lisa said...

Love they layout! You inspire me to play with my MDS. Have a great day!

Amber said...

Yes Lisa - you need to get going on MDS. ;) You will LOVE it!