Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mmmm...ice cream cones

I was looking through my blog posts and found a draft from last summer that I never posted - oops! These are a few cards that I made using my Sweet Scoops stamp set, which I think is retired, but definitely a fun set.


I can't quite remember where I saw the idea, but to get a marbled look for the ice cream, I used the baby wipe technique. I'll explain how that works for those of you who may be unfamiliar with that.

All you need is a baby wipe and some re-inkers; I chose a pink and a brown ink for these cards. First, I folded the baby wipe a couple of times and then, alternating colors, I put a drop of each on the baby wipe. Voila! You have your very own custom stamp pad. Simply ink your stamp on the baby wipe like you would a normal stamp pad and you'll have a yummy looking scoop of Neapolitan ice cream!

Sweet Scoops is available as a digital download, so you still have a chance to make some fun projects with it. In fact, I think I'll open up MDS right now and see what I can come up with!

No comments: