Monday, April 25, 2011

MDS Monday #11

This week's challenge was to use butterflies in our layouts. I remembered pictures we'd taken of Andrew's first visit to Hogel Zoo in SLC and it just so happens that there was a butterfly exhibit there that year - perfect! Combine those pics with a layout I'd been wanting to copy and here's what you get:



I like the end result - mostly. There's something bugging me though (no pun intended) and I just can't put my finger on it. I'll keep playing around and see what I come up with.

4 comments:

soggystamper said...

I love the shape and the swirls of the interface between the two colors of your background Amber. How did you do it?
Sue Erickson
sue@soggystamper.com

Amber said...

Thanks Sue! The solid background is actually the Curly Label punch and I just enlarged it until it covered half the page. The swirls came from the Cottage Garden stamp set and I just enlarged and rotated each stamp until it fit where I wanted it.

Debbie said...

I love it just the way it is. I wouldn't change a thing!

Sue said...

Great page! What font did you use?