Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thinking Outside the Box

It's been awhile since I posted anything but digital projects, so I thought I'd enter the realm of traditional paper crafting once more. Oh, that I had all the time in the world to create every project idea that pops into my head!

I made this for a friend who needed a sympathy card. Her friend's father recently passed away from cancer and even though I don't know this friend, I wanted to help in some way.

I was looking at a card that I made at the Baltimore Regional last autumn using the Day of Gratitude stamp set and it occurred to me that just because we used fall colors it doesn't mean it's only a fall stamp. It's called the "think outside the box" principle - I remember to use that now and again ;-)


Using the same layout idea and some bright colors, here's what I came up with:


I'm always amazed at how you can achieve different looks with one stamp set!

1 comment:

Lindsey Smith said...

Beautiful card. I am sure it will definitely cheer up your friend!!!