Monday, May 16, 2011

MDS Monday #14

This week our theme for MDS Monday was "Shades of Blue". I've never attempted a monochromatic layout before, so this was definitely a challenge.

I decided to create a journal cover this time around. I was thinking about my son who's finishing Kindergarten this year, and I realized that his summer vacations will probably seem very short now that he has to go back to school in the fall. So why not make him a journal that's just for his summer vacation? He's still learning to write, so it'll be great practice for him and he can draw pictures as well. I had to use pictures from last summer, since I obviously don't have any from this year, but that's ok - it works :) I think he'll have a lot of fun looking back on his summer journals. I wish I could remember what I did with my summers when I was growing up!



I like this version a lot, but I really wanted to add some color and different elements so I thought I'd mess around with it a bit more.  Here's my second draft:


What do you think?  One design, two different looks.  I love it!

4 comments:

Mary said...

They both look GREAT, would be hard to choose just one!

Lindsey Smith said...

Great job on both!!!

Amber said...

thank you!

Debbie said...

That is a fun idea! Both pages are nice.