Monday, May 30, 2011

MDS Monday #16

I wasn't able to finish last week's MDS Monday challenge - I apologize for my absence - but I did create a card for our Red, White and Blue challenge today. It's in honor of Memorial Day, of course!

I wanted something simple and was surprised at how quickly this project came together. Sometimes it seems like my "simple" projects take longer than my more detailed ones. I wonder why that is...


I wish I'd made this card earlier - it would have been nice to send one to my dad, father-in-law and brother. I guess I can always send it a little late. :) I'm grateful for the men and women who serve - and have served - our country. I don't think I'll ever truly understand just how much they've sacrificed, but I have a deep respect for them.

Don't forget to check out the Utah Divas International site to see what the rest of the ladies created!


3 comments:

RuthieB said...

Patty!!! That's gorgeous! I love the ledger overlay on the background!

soggystamper said...

This is a great card, Patty! Using the scallop punch and filling it with the striped dsp gives the idea of the scallops being ruffled.
Sue

Amber said...

thanks Ruthie and Sue - glad you liked the card! Sue, I actually used a border from Christmas Cheer for the scalloped piece. I love mixing and matching like that :)