Friday, October 21, 2011

MDS Blog Hop - Out of the Box Designer Series Paper

It was a super crazy week but I was still able to finish my challenge for today - wahoo!  I was really looking forward to this one - using DSP in an "Out of the Box" way.  A lot of our papers can be used for multiple projects - for instance, just because something is labeled as Christmas doesn't mean that you only have to use it on Christmas projects.  


I chose to use the Nursery DSP - I love the color combination with this kit; it's fun and bright, but soft at the same time :D



I created photo boxes, filled them with my DSP and then added some stitching to resemble a quilt.  I also used a couple of different techniques to add shadowed edges to my flower and create petals out of grosgrain ribbon.  You can find both videos on MyDigitalStudio.net, search for "Sponging a Punch" by Mandy Grant and "Adding a Pleated Ribbon" by Cindy Schuster under the videos section.


InLinkz.com

Make sure to visit the rest of the blogs in our tour - you're sure to be inspired by everyone's creativity!

5. Amber Meadows (You're here!)

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

I LOVE this Amber!! The colors are so refreshing. I need to make more cards using MDS.

Holly VanDyne said...

Ooooh - this is SO PERFECT! And I'm going to have to go check out those videos! :)

maurita said...

really nice!!!