Friday, November 18, 2011

MDS Blog Hop - almost finished!

Happy Friday!   This week has flown by and I honestly don't know what happened to it.  Ah.  Such is the life of a stay-at-home mom.  In my heart I know that my children are the most important thing and that's why I've chosen to be home with them - but my head still tries to run the show and fit every tiny thing into my day that is inhumanly possible.  So when I can't get the laundry done, sweep and mop the floors, vacuum, dust, make breakfast, lunch and dinner, keep in touch with friends and family, keep my blog(s) updated, help Andrew with his homework, volunteer at school, volunteer at church, workout, spend quality time with each child and my husband all in one day - I whine and complain that I haven't accomplished anything.  Sound familiar anyone?  I have the sneaking suspicion that it does.  We women are so hard on ourselves aren't we?

Well, I've decided that it's about time I stopped fighting against the inevitable and just roll with the punches.  I will never accomplish everything on my To Do list in one day, because I can always add to that list.  Besides, prioritizing and staying organized have never been my strong suits - I'm distracted far too easily for that, haha!

I guess my point is, that even though I've severely neglected this blog in the last couple of weeks - I'm still here and I'm still trying.  Don't give up on me alright?  :)  I'm working on my project for today and so far, Simon is playing happily on his own.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that he can give me another half hour of that!

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy hopping around to the rest of the blogs on our tour!

5. Amber Meadows (you're here)

2 comments:

Natalie Cannon said...

Hi Amber, I love checking out your blog for the MDS Blog Hop. As I read this entry it so totally mirrors how I feel a little too often:) Thanks for the honesty. It's nice to know I'm one of the crowd in this marathon of Motherhood! Keep trying and we'll keep checking in.
Natalie Cannon
findingmystamp.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Natalie, that is so sweet of you! Glad to know that people are checking my blog - it motivates me to get back on track!