Friday, February 10, 2012

MDS Blog Hop - Designer Templates

Happy Friday everyone! Today it was my turn to pick the challenge and I decided that it would be fun to have everyone create a project using one of the Designer Templates in My Digital Studio.  Personally, when I'm at a loss for an idea or whenever I just need to get a project done quickly I love to pull up the templates and see what inspires me.  Usually it's just what I need to kickstart my creativity.  It's so easy to switch out existing elements on a page and replace them with others.  I can change up papers, colors, stamps, ribbons - anything I want!

When Stampin' Up! asked me to create some projects for Leadership, an 8x8 album was one of those.  I was excited to do it, but I knew that it would be a stretch to get it done in time.  It was the holiday season, my husband was out of town for a week during December - which meant I didn't get any design time in - and I had church responsibilities that needed my attention.  So...I pulled open one of my favorite templates - the Today and Everyday template - and set to work.  I was in such a crunch to get it done that I sat on the couch for two days and did nothing except design.  I have The Gabe Dixon Band to thank for getting me through it.  I've always found music helps to inspire me to think creatively, so I stuck the album on repeat and got to work!  Could it have been done faster?  Yes.  But I'm that picky.  It's a curse I tell you!  In my defense though, it does take time to track down all the pictures for a project.  :)

I created a video in MDS of the album and set it to music.  I tried to have the pages flip like they would in a book so that you can see the full layouts together, but I can't seem to figure it out.  Has anyone had success with that before that could give me a few pointers?   Either way, you'll get the idea :)




Supplies Used:

I hope you've been inspired on today's hop to create with Digital Templates - there are tons included in your My Digital Studio Software so you can get started right away!  Enjoy the rest of the hop!

4. Amber Meadows (thanks for stopping by!)

2 comments:

Jeanna Bohanon said...

you are so amazingly talented

Debbie said...

Dad and I just watched your video and loved it! You are very talented and do such beautiful work! Love you lots Amber!!
Mom