Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Convention Samples - Round 2!

Alright - it's time for a few more Convention samples!  I had so much fun creating projects with all of the adorable new products.  I'm really grateful for the opportunity.  I had to design a calendar, a board book, 8 cards and 5 scrapbook pages.  I've shown you the projects that made it to the display boards {my book, calendar and a few cards} so today I'll show you the remaining cards.

First up is a card using the Betsy's Blossoms stamp set which is included in the Floral District collection.  This was a really quick card to put together.  To create a two toned bird, I added lighter blue punches behind the wings.  The bird wing from the 2-step bird punch worked perfectly for this.



Card #2 is one of my favorites - another simple one without tons of embellishments, but you could easily add some pearls after it's printed to add a little something extra. That's one really nice feature of MDS - when you open an embellishment it's already true to size so there's no guess work. I think Comfort Cafe is one of my absolute favorite kits. I heard a lot of grumbling about the new In Color Summer Starfruit, but I adore it! Comfort Cafe includes a ton of beautiful paper!



I saw a fun banner where the flags were going both up and down, so I tried it out on this card - I'm pretty pleased with the result.  I found the Birds of a Feather Collection to be really versatile - I can use it for all kinds of layouts.  The speech bubble is a simple outline but I really wanted it filled it.  Simple fix.  I grabbed an oval punch, manipulated it to the correct size, filled it with white and then reduced the opacity.  Voila!  You can see the DSP behind it but it's not competing with my greeting.  



I was a huge fan of the Floral District collection the second I saw it!  It's bright and fun {two of my favorite things} and it makes me happy.  I didn't use it a lot in the Convention projects I designed but I'm absolutely sure that I'll get plenty of use out of it.  The scallop and large circle on this card are filled with DSP and the rest are embellishments from the kit.  Well, except for the buttons.  I pulled those from the Twitterpated kit :)  The lines in the background are from the Hip and Handsome Overlays.  I use overlays all the time.  It's a great way to add interest and texture to my projects.  With this card I wanted a very subtle background, so I applied the overlay, changed the color to white and added a drop shadow.  Super easy technique.  Just play around with the drop shadow until you're happy with the look.






And last but not least, a card I created using the Patio Party Collection.  I had a lot of fun with this kit too - great color combinations and adorable embellishments make it easy to whip up something cute in no time.



Tomorrow I'll post the 5 scrapbook pages I created - see you then!  



1 comment:

Holly VanDyne said...

These are all BEAUTIFUL, Amber! Love how you used the stitches and the banners too! :)