Friday, July 27, 2012

MDS Blog Hop - Punches!

Happy Friday to you!  I've been looking forward to this day all week - my hubby has the day off {YAY!}  Any extra time we get to spend with him is a good day.
Our theme for the hop today is Punches.  I love punches - I can create all kinds of layouts with them and one of my favorite things to do is fill them with paper then manipulate the paper size to change the look of the paper.  It's like having a million different papers at your fingertips.  I've also been experimenting lately with combining papers from different collections.  I've amassed quite a collection of downloads and one of the great things about Stampin' Up is that they have a core set of color families. What does that mean to you?  Everything coordinates!  I can mix and match papers and embellishments to my heart's content and never worry about whether or not the colors will work together.

To get started, I pulled up my Pin Boards and found a layout I liked.  You'll notice that I head to my Pin Board a lot for inspiration {sometimes I outright copy the layouts - shhh...}  I'm trying to actually do something with the ideas I pin. It's just a little goal of mine :)  What really jumped out at me on this layout was the circle border, but I'm kind of in love with the whole thing.  {Layout by Kelly Noel}


Lots of tweaking and fussing...and Ta Da!


I took these pictures of Simon at the park the other day while waiting for Andrew to finish soccer class.  The park was nearly empty and it was heaven.  I'm not much for crowds.  I love being able to snap away with my camera without worrying about who's going to wander into my shot.  I drive my kids crazy with the constant camera in their faces, but as I was explaining to them this morning - I am preserving their memories. And they'll thank me later.  They laughed and laughed.  I'm dead serious though - they'll thank me later!

I hope you have fun hopping around this morning - enjoy your weekend!

5. Amber Meadows
   {nice to see you!}

2 comments:

Holly VanDyne said...

Oh, AMBER! I am totally completely in love with your page! What cute pictures and of COURSE how could I not be in love with a page that has a title of awesomesauce!!!! :) Great job!

Amber said...

thank you Holly!! doesn't everyone need at least one page in their scrapbook titled "Awesomesauce"?