Friday, July 13, 2012

MDS Blog Hop - Color Challenge

Happy Friday everyone!  The weeks are flying by this summer - I wish I could slow it down.  Last night I realized we only have 6 weeks left of summer vacation. Yikes!  I still feel like it just started.  I've been trying to capture a picture each day so we can scrapbook and journal about our summer and today's page features pictures from a recent trip to the dentist office.  Not exactly my idea of good time, but it must be done!

It was my turn to choose the theme this week, and as I was perusing some kits from my favorite digital designers I came across an adorable color scheme that I was dying to recreate in MDS.  I'm hoping that the other blog hoppers found it as fun as I did.  I suggested we use some or all of these colors in a layout: 

I found an adorable layout idea on Pinterest and set to work.  Here's what I came up with:

Have you seen the new Family Fun Photobook Template?  I didn't realize it until I was creating this page, but several of the colors I had chosen were also in the color scheme of this download.  I had to have it and couldn't be happier with my purchase.  This download is ADORABLE!! There are some fun twine accents, half circles and stitching - can't have enough stitching :D  I also used some papers from Patio PartyWalk in the Park, and Berry Blossoms.  I created the title with the Lauren's Letters alphabet punch and added some accents with the Washi Tape.

I ended up using Lucky Limeade instead of Wild Wasabi because I really wanted to use the Washi Tape and it just didn't look right with Wild Wasabi.  All in all, I'm happy with the result!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Now it's time to hop on and see what my talented friends have created - Enjoy!



No comments: