Wednesday, May 8, 2013

MDS Blog Hop - Gearing up for summer weather!

You may be thinking: "Hey wait a minute!  We're just barely getting spring weather  - what's with the summer theme?"  Well... that's true for a lot of us.  Mother Nature has been toying with us for the last few months.  However, I looked at the calendar recently and noticed that Summer Break starts in 6 weeks! Not only that, our pool opens at the end of May!  It's definitely time to start thinking about warmer weather.  I hope our projects cheer you up and get you excited for fun in the sun!

I pulled out a couple of pictures from last summer of my son Andrew and his friend Clara goofing around at the pool. They always have a blast hanging out together and this is a fun memory.



I added the circle of patterned paper in the background by first filling the circle with paper, then in edit mode, pulling the paper off to the side so it only filled one quarter of the circle.  I copied and pasted the circle in place three more times and filled it with a different paper, moving it to a different section of the circle each time.  


This month Beth Rush will be joining us as a guest designer and we're thrilled to have her! 
Hope you have fun on the rest of the hop!







2 comments:

beth rush said...

What a really fun page Amber! I love all the details, the splatter, the fun fonts, the papers! great page!

Cori Kozak said...

This is so fun! I have a feeling I'll be case-ing it at the end of summer. lol! Love the colors and cute title!