Tuesday, January 12, 2010

UDI Sketch Challenge

Every Saturday on the Utah Divas International blog Carol Marbach puts up a sketch challenge and I've finally decided to play along!  This last Saturday was a simple one - but it was perfect.  I needed an idea for my niece's birthday card, and quick, because I'm already 3 weeks late sending it.  Ahhh!  So here's the sketch:





And here's what I came up with:





My watercolor technique seems to be a little rusty, but I like how it turned out anyway.  Honestly, when I first saw this set (Beary Best Friends) in the holiday mini catalog I didn't think I'd buy it.  Cute, but I'm past my bear phase.  Then...I went to convention.  Oh my word, they did so many cute things with the Build-a-Bear line that I just had to have it.  


I used the paper piecing techinique on this card - I wanted the dress to stand out from the watercoloring, so I first I stamped my image on Whisper White cardstock and then again on my Designer Series Paper.  I cut out the dress and flower in her hair and used a glue stick to adhere them over the original image.  Cute!  


I also have to share a pic of my very own Stampin' Up! Build-a-Bear that I got at Convention.  You wanna hear a room of Stampin' Up Demonstrators go wild?  You should have been there when they showed us this bear!  Seriously, the line into the Momento Mall was nuts - everyone had to get their hands on one of them.  But can you blame us?  Look - she has her very own Stampin' Apron and stamp, plus an In Color Ribbon!  And you can't tell in the picture, but her fur is glittery.  Soooo Stinkin' Cute!





3 comments:

Debbie said...

Way cute card! You should make one for Kambree too! She would love it!

Amber said...

That's a great idea - I think I will! I wish I had the Build-a-Bear dies because I'd love to make her a paper doll set with them!

Steph Gittins said...

I love screaming at Convention. :)