Kendra from Kendra's Creative Corner gave me this blog award and I thought it was so nice of her!
I'm supposed to list 8 things about myself and then send the award to 8 other bloggers. I don't mind telling you a little more about myself, but sending out the award gets a little tricky. I don't spend much time blog hopping anymore - I was spending WAY too much time looking and not much time creating. So although I do pull up a few blogs now and then for some inspiration, I can't allow myself to do it very often. That darn internet just sucks me in!
Here are a few things you might not know about me:
1. I don't like t.v. - I LOVE it. Yup, not afraid to rot my brains out in front of that screen that sits in the corner of my family room. Unfortunately, it's also something I will waste a great deal of time on, so I have to limit my watching to a few shows. Currently, my husband and I are watching Chuck and Castle. Both are excellent :) When time allows I love to pop in an episode of Seinfeld or Everybody Loves Raymond. I never get tired of those episodes and I still laugh at each one.
2. I have two boys, ages 6 and 3 and have been a stay-at-home mom for the past year and a half. I thought that I'd be dying to get out of the house, but it turns out that I love nothing more than being home with my kids. It makes me grateful for the precious moments I have with the both of them. I'm sure it sounds cliche, but I love them more every day.
3. I'm into technology because my super cool husband is. He keeps me up to date on all the lastest and greatest. Without him I'd be back in the stone age, refusing to use a cell phone for anything but emergencies.
4. I love sunshine! Can't live without it. In fact, on gloomy days I get gloomy myself. Just call me Eeyore :)
5. Music is an addiction for me. I just love to listen to music - especially when I'm cleaning or crafting. Sometimes I listen while I'm getting ready in the morning, but then I can't hear what the kids are doing downstairs, so that's more of a hazard. Some of my current faves are, Taylor Swift (and I'm not even a country fan), Maroon 5, Matt Nathanson, Plain White T's, Daniel Powter, Jack Johnson, Eric Hutchinson, Ingrid Michaelson, Matt Kearny, Josh Groban... See what I mean? It's an addiction.
6. Chocolate makes the world go round. At least my world. I've never understood why people try to limit their chocolate intake. Embrace it, my friends!
7. Reading is the most magical thing in the world. I have so many good memories of hours spent in the library, or just reading on my bed. Sometimes I wish I didn't have so many other interests (and responsibilities) so that I could just spend my time reading. Preferably outside, in a hammock, with chocolate nearby and a soft breeze blowing through the trees.
8. I love a good Girls' Night Out. It rejuvenates my soul and is so much cheaper than therapy. Not that therapy is a bad thing! At the same time, I get nervous and have lots of mom guilt if I'm out too late. I've never liked missing out on bedtime with the kids - bedtime one of my favorite things.
Whew - ok, that took longer than I thought. Guess I should have given shorter answers, haha!
Thanks again for the award Kendra, it was great to find your email in my inbox this morning!